CALL FOR ENTRIES
Read the following submission requirements before you complete our online entry form.
2017 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Films must NOT have screened in Los Angeles prior to our festival.
- Films must be submitted through a online screener.
- Films must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2016.
- All non-English films must have English subtitles.
- Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the festival.
- Do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still in jpeg format.
- You may submit more than one film, but you must complete a separate entry form and pay entry fee for each film.
- Early Deadline: March 31, 2017
- Regular Deadline: May 12, 2017
- Late Deadline: June 9, 2017
- Extended Deadline: June 30, 2017
Shorts under 25 minutes, for each entry:
- Early Deadline: $49
- Regular Deadline: $55
- Late Deadline: $65
- Extended Deadline: $75
Long shorts 25 to 45 minutes, for each entry:
- Early Deadline: $53
- Regular Deadline: $59
- Late Deadline: $69
- Extended Deadline: $79
- Entry fees must be paid online with any major credit card.
- We do NOT accept checks.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries will not be viewed without payment.
- Film selection for the festival will be made by the screening committee.
- All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
- Our selection committee will factor in previous screenings in the Los Angeles area when determining a film's selection.
*Academy Award® Qualifying
- Best of Fest*
- Best Foreign Film*
- Best Drama
- Best Comedy
- Best Animation*
- Best Experimental
- Best Documentary*
ONLINE SCREENER Save money on postage fees and avoid the hassle of producing, packaging, and mailing DVDs. Filmmakers can now submit their films online by providing us a Vimeo link and password. Pay entry fee online using your credit card, you do NOT need to mail us any physical materials.
LA Shorts Fest