LA Shorts Screenplay Competition
We are proud to bring back LA Shorts screenplay competition. Finalists are invited to attend a table reading of the script for a live audience during the festival. The readings are performed by professional actors in front of an audience, who will vote on their favorites. These votes, along with the scores of the readers, determine the winner.
Guaranteed acceptance into the 2018 LA Shorts Fest.
All genres welcome
Scripts must be under 15 pages
Original scripts that have not started film production are eligible.
Regular Deadline: April 14, 2017
Extended Deadline: May 26, 2017
Late Deadline: June 23, 2017
Regular Deadline $40
Extended Deadline $50
Late Deadline $60
We do not extend fee waivers for our screenplay competition.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPT
Email script in PDF format to info@LAshortsFest.com
Writers are able to review their scores and receive readers’ comments for an additional fee of $10.00
All writers will receive notice of acceptance or rejection via email
EMAIL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- Phone (Main): Please include country code if not U.S.
- Phone (Secondary): Please include country code if not U.S.
- Screenplay Original title:
- Screenplay English title: Only if title is not in English
- Log line: Single line summary
You agree to the terms & conditions and understand that any filming of
- Attach Screenplay in PDF format only:
this screenplay prior to August 10, 2017 will result in disqualification.
RULES & AGREEMENT
Please read this agreement carefully before you submit your screenplay. By submitting your screenplay, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
• Screenplays must have been completed after July 1, 2016.
• Scripts must not exceed 15 pages in length, excluding cover page.
• All non-English language screenplays must be translated and submitted in English.
• A separate entry form and additional entry fee must be submitted for each script.
• Screenplays must be emailed in PDF format.
• No refunds.
REVIEW PROCESS: LA Shorts Fest will review scripts in their entirety. Scripts will be read and reviewed by members of our Volunteer Selection Committee.
WINNING SCRIPT: The final film of the winning script is guaranteed to screen at the 2018 LA Shorts Film Fest. All film shooting must take place after the award presentation. If it is discovered that principal photography began before the live reading, the screenplay will be disqualified.
NOTIFICATION: Letters of acceptance or non-acceptance, will be emailed — please ensure your email address is accurate.
PUBLICITY & MARKETING: All selected films and scripts may be excerpted for LA Shorts Fest publicity purposes.