*Please read the following submission requirements
carefully before you complete the online entry form.
- All films submitted regardless if they are selected for the Festival, will be listed on our web site. You will also have the opportunity to upload a trailer or clip of your film.
- Films must have been completed after Jan, 1, 2007
- All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
- Films must be submitted on DVD or ½” VHS tape (NTSC or PAL).
- Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the Festival
- Preview DVD should be labeled with the title, running-time and contact email and phone number.
- Publicity stills - If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still image.
- All films selected for the Festival grant LA Shorts Fest the rights to use DVD and press materials from the film for promotional purposes.
- LA Shorts Fest is permitted to retain DVD copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for media educational use.
- Though not a requirement, we prefer that shorts NOT screened in Los Angeles, Orange or Ventura County. Our selection committee will factor in previous screenings in the Los Angeles area when determining a films selection.
- You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate DVD and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
- The Festival will not confirm receipt of film submitted by telephone or email. If you would like to make sure that we received your submission, please enclose a self-address, stamped postcard which we will send back to you as your confirmation.
- Films must be received by the following deadline dates:
• Early Bird Savings Deadline – March 26, 2008
• Regular Deadline – April 25, 2008
• Final Extended Deadline – May 26, 2008
- Shorts under 30 minutes, for each entry:
• Early Bird Savings Deadline: $39
• Regular Deadline: $49
• Final Extended Deadline: $59
- Long shorts 30 to 60 minutes, for each entry:
• Early Bird Savings Deadline: $49
• Regular Deadline: $59
• Final Extended Deadline: $69
- Checks or money orders made payable to: LA Shorts Fest
- Foreign entry fees should be drawn on money orders or traveler's checks in U.S. dollars. Only through a U.S. affiliated bank.
- All fees are non-refundable
- Write title of film on check or money order
- Entries will not be viewed without entry fee payment
- Film selection for the festival will be made by the Festival Committee.
- The entrant will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING FEES.
- All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
- The LA Shorts Fest cannot be held liable for print/video materials which may be lost or damaged.
- If your film is ACCEPTED in to the festival and your screening format is Beta SP or Digital Beta, it must be in NTSC.
- Winners considered for Academy Award nominations
The following awards will be presented:
- Best of Fest (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Foreign Film (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Drama (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Comedy (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Animation (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Experimental (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Documentary (Not recognize by Academy)
Return of Preview DVD:
- If you would like your DVD returned please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Entry fee (write title of film on check)
- DVD labeled with contact information (phone number and email)
- Include a print out of the confirmation email you receive (after you submit the online entry form) with your entry
- If you would like to make sure that we received your submission, please enclose a self-address, stamped postcard which we will send back to you.
- If film was shot as a college or high school project, please indicate with label on DVD
Send Materials To:
LA Shorts Fest
1610 Argyle Ave. #113
Hollywood, CA 90028